Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Still Battling

I was reading the latest issue of People Magazine and I must say that Valerie looks good doesn't she. Well, if I had a personal trainer, lots of money, no job to worry about, I would still be me, still doing what I do. None of that matters. She may have an edge on us, but she still has to do the same things we do, watch what she eats, exercise, work hard. We just like to think the stars have it easy.

I had a bad day today. I had lunch at work, but due to a malfunctioning refrigerator it was ruined so I did the easy thing and went to McDonald's. I know I shouldn't have, I should have gone to Safeway and made healthier choices, but bad habits are just that, and they have to be changed. Do I beat myself up, do I look in the mirror and yell at myself? No, I just move ahead and realize that I need to be stronger. I need to check my food before I go home from work to make sure what I have is going to be OK for the next day. I need to take extra food just in case something happens, maybe a friend needs a pick me up, special meal.

We need to learn to get those feel good moments from things other than the forbidden food, feel good with an apple, see, it is sweet, and tasty and healthy. What a great reward high you can get from food, eating the right food. Smile and say hi to a stranger, it will bring joy to your heart, when you go to lunch, take a walk, even if it is for 5 or ten minutes. Just walk and breath, relax and be yourself enjoying yourself. Remember, this battle is not just about food, but about me, me liking myself, me being proud of myself, and you, being proud of you too.

So lets make it a team effort, because with one you are alone, but with 2, you are forever a team, and teams make it easier to laugh, love and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment